Scott R. Wolfe
Partner | 312-456-2709 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Healthcare, Long Term Care, Pharma and Product Liability
Mr. Wolfe concentrates his practice in the representation of healthcare and insurance entities in litigation and regulatory matters. He has led all aspects of internal investigations, regulatory investigations and litigation for healthcare entities. Much of his practice involves the defense of healthcare providers in malpractice lawsuits involving multi-million dollar claims of catastrophic injury and death. Mr. Wolfe has over 20 jury trial victories as well as arbitration and bench trial victories.
Mr. Wolfe’s healthcare practice includes internal investigations of a wide variety of matters, litigation and regulatory investigation for various healthcare entities including hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, device companies, pharma companies. Substantive issues have included products liability, pharma, medical malpractice, commercial litigation, general civil litigation, reimbursement and regulation of healthcare and insurance entities. He has conducted multiple jury trials, mediations and settlement conferences for civil suits, regulatory hearings, quality assurance privilege and credentialing hearings and committees. He has represented insurance clients in litigation and regulation matters, coverage opinions and in product development issues. Other areas of litigation have included employment discrimination, pharmaceutical, mass tort, business tort and fraud, privacy, trademark and general litigation. He has worked with in-house clients to implement electronic records systems, electronic discovery practices, risk management procedures, contracts and in-house policies and procedures.
Mr. Wolfe is experienced in many insurance issues including coverage and bad faith litigation, re-insurance issues and product development. He formerly worked in an insurance company, giving him a unique perspective to being responsive, efficient and cost conscious to both his insurance and healthcare clients.
Marine and Boating Law
Mr. Wolfe has represented port authorities, marinas, commercial boating companies and professional captains in claims of personal injury, property damage and commercial liability. Mr. Wolfe is a USCG licensed Master Captain. He is one of only two individuals in Chicago licensed as an attorney and a Captain and is the only one in the private practice of law.
Past Presentations & Lecture topics
- Patient Safety Organizations – A must for Providers and Manufacturers
- Privacy & HIPAA
- Obstetric Lawsuits
- Electronic Medical Records and Electronic Discovery
- Legal Issues in Transplant Patients
- Shoulder Dystocia and Erb’s Palsy
- Healthcare Contracting
- Internal Investigation and Pre-Suit Case Resolution
- Tort Reform
- Giving a Good Deposition
- Pre-Litigation Asset Protection for High Income Employees
- Jury Instructions – Federal and Illinois Lawsuits
- Legal Billing – Audits and Ethics
- Understanding Jury Instructions for Litigators and Non-Litigators
- Federal and State Reporting Requirements of Settlement Indemnity for Providers and Support Staff
- President of Trollers Unlimited, Inc.
- Member of Maritime Executives International
- Member of American Professional Captain’s Association
- Delegate for Illinois Conservation Congress
- Waukegan Citizens Advisory Group – Past Secretary
Mr. Wolfe donates his time to a variety of natural resources and environmental matters in the Great Lakes area including serving on the boards of the Illinois Conservation Congress, the Waukegan Harbor Citizens’ Advisory Group and multiple Great Lakes sportfishing organizations.
Mr. Wolfe is a high honors graduate of Chicago-Kent College of Law and Northern Illinois University.
Back to Our Attorneys >