Partner | 312-628-7864 | email@example.com
Andrea Kott is a seasoned civil litigator with an emphasis on representing healthcare institutions, physicians, nurses and other providers. Clients in the healthcare field and beyond rely on her to aggressively advocate for their most favorable outcome in their highest-risk cases. Over the course of her career, she has saved individuals and institutions hundreds of millions of dollars, as the majority of her cases result in dismissal with no ordered payment.
Ms. Kott’s vast experience includes successfully defending hospitals and physicians in medical malpractice trials involving catastrophic injury and death. She has also successfully mediated numerous favorable pre-trial settlements involving death and serious personal injury.
She has represented some of the country’s largest pharmacy store chains, aggressively defending them against prescription errors, medical device liability and other claims. She also has experience representing a diverse range of companies in other types of litigation, including construction litigation, sick building and asbestos cases.
Clients regularly turn to her for risk-management guidance and issue-prevention. She advises on physician employment contract negotiation, HIPAA compliance, workplace harassment and compliance/conflict of interest issues, as well as review of policies, procedures and vendor contracts to optimize relationships. She is also skilled at the evaluation of pre-suit litigation and often works with clients to identify potential high-risk claims and cases on their behalf.
Ms. Kott also counsels physicians and other professionals on navigating and defending against Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR) and National Databank inquiries.
She was selected for inclusion in the premier issue of Leading Lawyers Magazine, Women Edition. She is consistently recognized by her peers as both a Leading Lawyer and a Super Lawyer in Medical Malpractice defense law in Illinois. Additionally, her AV rating in Martindale Hubble reflects the highest peer recognition on both ethical standards and legal ability.
• J.D., Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Cleveland, Ohio
• B.A., cum laude, Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri
• Women’s Bar Association
• Chicago Bar Association
• Illinois State Bar Association
• University of Chicago Women’s Board
• Washington University Arts & Sciences National Council
• State of Illinois
• U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
• “Preventing Harassment Claims in your Practice,” Surgical Grand Rounds at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, 2019
• “Defending Physician Sexual Harassment Claims,” Medical Staff Grand Rounds at Advocate Trinity Hospital, 2019
• “Effective Physician Communication and Documentation,” Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Northshore University HealthSystem, 2018
• “Avoiding Harassment Claims in your Practice,” NorthShore University HealthSystem, 2018
• “Effective Physician Patient Communication To Avoid Litigation,” NorthShore University HealthSystem, 2016
• “Preventative Care: Medical Documentation & Anticipatory Litigation,” Institute of Continuing Legal Education, 2015
• “Medical Documentation in Anticipation of Litigation,” Northshore University HealthSystem, 2014
• “Legal Preventative Care for the Medical Professional,” Ingalls Memorial Hospital, 2007
• “Risk Management Concerns and Obstetric Nursing Practice,” Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, 2002