Lowis & Gellen’s Commercial Finance practice group handles a broad range of credit and financing transactions for lenders and borrowers, and for businesses raising capital. This expertise includes asset based lending, cash flow lending, trade finance, equipment leasing, syndicated or participated credit facilities, mezzanine financing, and private placements for both debt and equity.
A significant focus of our practice is asset based lending. This can involve a variety of collateral and loan purposes such as real estate, construction, business acquisitions, equipment, inventory and receivables. In these transactions we have represented lenders, borrowers, guarantors, pledgors, lessors and lessees.
Our team has expertise performing commercial finance services related to all kinds of real estate, hard assets, intellectual property and other financial assets. Those services have included loan structuring, negotiation, documentation, administration and security interest perfection work related to:
• Acquisition financings, including leveraged buyouts and ESOPs;
• Asset-based lending;
• Corporate lending, including asset-based, unsecured and secured loans, credits with multiple pricing and currency options, agented and syndicated multi-bank and multi-borrower credits, loan participations, mezzanine financings and factoring;
• Distressed properties;
• Equipment lease transactions, including originations, syndications and portfolio transactions;
• Lending to specialized industries, including transportation companies, high technology companies, manufacturers, and food production and distribution;
• Real estate financings, including construction and permanent financings, mezzanine financings and portfolio transactions;
• Revolving credit facilities;
• Sale/leaseback transactions;
• Syndicated and co-lending transactions involving multiple parties, including inter-creditor, subordination and participation agreements; and
• Workouts, bankruptcy proceedings, restructurings and foreclosures.