Lowis & Gellen LLP, Chicago is seeking a network support professional with plenty of experience with Exchange. The ideal candidate should also be familiar with Active Directory and typical industry network standards. (DNS, DHCP, IP subnets, etc.)
- Assist in planning and implementing Exchange Upgrades
- Meticulous record keeping
- Preparation for and complete upgrade of other services running on these servers
- Trouble-shooting and resolving hardware/software issues
- Managing server backup before and after upgrades and monitoring daily backups
- Assisting with other network service and support tasks as needed
- Interacting with peers and clients in a professional manner, dressed in traditional business attire.
- Supports the IT Manager in the completion of technology projects and responsibilities, and provides end-user support to staff and clients.
- Provides desktop support.
- Provides computer and peripheral maintenance and repairs.
- Provides software and hardware installations, updates and trouble-shooting.
- Maintains equipment inventory.
- Manages virus defense and removal.
- Maintains user ID’s and grants/removes access to business applications as directed. Performs data backups/restorations and monitors performance of computer systems.
- Adheres to all Firm policies including those regarding software distribution and license compliance.
- Remains committed to increasing personal skill set relative to the Firm’s business applications, operating systems and environments. Keeps current on trends in the computer industry and shares observations and suggestions as appropriate.
- Accesses private directories and data not directly related to the employee’s department or position function only on a “need to know” basis and maintains in strict confidence all information to which employee may be exposed in the course of support functions. Understands that accessing the electronic mail of other employees (active and/or terminated) will be done only with the express permission of the subject employee, the Firm’s partners, Controller, Office Administrator, or Human Resources Manager.
This is a full time position. Our office is open from 8 am to 5:30 pm, with a minimum of 35 hours per workweek. Extra time and overtime may be available.
A friendly, up-beat, professional, people-oriented personality is a must. We are currently seeking someone who has knowledge earned through experience. You will be expected to complete projects in an organized and logical way, with precision and attention to detail, without leaving loose ends.
While most of our work is done during business hours, there are occasions when project work or server maintenance must be done after-hours and crisis situations that require immediate attention can occur at any time.
Please submit your resume and salary requirements to Sue at NewHires@lowis-gellen.com